Monday, June 15, 2009

Rebecca meets Rebecca

American Girl has done me in. The new Girl is named Rebecca. Why couldn't it have been almost any other name? I would have been fine. Even if they'd spelled it differently I could have held off. But no... it's Rebecca. So I ordered the first book in the series for Becca and she is in love. She was determined to finish it today to show me that she likes it and should get the next book in the series. So she sat in her room way past her assigned "quiet reading time" and finished the book! So off we go to the bookstore tomorrow for the next in the series. The bookstore is also holding a drawing for a Rebecca doll, so we entered it. Becca's very crafty - she thinks that it's too bad they ask for the parent's name on the entry slip because if they saw that her name was Rebecca too... well, they'd naturally have to award her the doll, right? And now she's nervous that she won't win it. Santa might have to bring a doll to us this year...

1 comment:

Sebastian said...

I taught myself to sew by making doll clothes to fit this size of doll. In fact, I made a doll too, but I don't know that I'd recommend that. So you might be able to turn the attraction for the doll into some handcraft skills too.